Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2012 Recap and some goals

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  Here is a little re-cap of how 2012 went down for our clan!
 

JANUARY- We rang in the New Year with a huge party at our new house, made resolutions and snowboarded as much as we could before the snow was all gone!
FEBRUARY- We celebrated V-Day with this little lady during the day and at night, Morgan took me to an amazing dinner at Beso in Hollywood and to see Lauren Hill in concert.

MARCH- We took our first family vacation to NYC! Stella was amazing and loved the city more than we thought she would.  She is a NY gal.

APRIL- We celebrated Easter at our house with both sides of the family and this little miss started daycare.  It took 4 weeks for her to stop screaming on and off all day, but she loves it now!
MAY- Stella started mommy and me swim classes again and turned 2!  We had a huge Mickey Mouse themed party, but Stella was a bit under the weather, so not a ton of pictures were taken.
JUNE- "Auntie Lo & Uncle Frank" tied the knot!
July- We celebrated the 4th at my parent's house with tons of family, friends and fireworks!
AUGUST- Morgan and I went to SF to the Outside Lands music festival.  The week we got back, I found out I was pregnant with baby Sandler #2

SEPTEMBER- THIS HAPPENED!
OCTOBER- Stella had her first dentist appointment and dressed up as SUPER STELLA for "Hameen" :)
 

  
NOVEMBER- We had a low key Thanksgiving at my parent's house and that weekend took Stella to the Zoo for the first time.





DECEMBER- We had such a nice holiday season.  Stella was really into Christmas and couldn't wait to meet Santa.  When she did, she hugged him, told him what she wanted for Christmas all while stroking his beard.  It was pretty priceless.  In December, we also found out that we are having another girl!  We had a gender reveal party to announce the news to our family.  We also revealed her name: Eleanor Grace (my grandmother's name).  It was a really nice day with family and friends. 

During December we baked, sang Christmas songs, watched Christmas movies and read Christmas books.  The week after Christmas, we took Stella to Disneyland to see Mickey.  I have never seen her so happy in my life!

It has been a great year, but I am excited to start a new one.  Eleanor will be here in April, Stella starts pre-school in June and I am just so excited for this next chapter in our lives.

Here are a few of my goals for this coming year:

1. Get our house organized and ready for Eleanor's arrival.
2. Have Stella fully potty-trained (on our way to this goal already!)
3. Sign Stella up for ballet, gymnastics and swim. (not all at the same time)
4. Be calm
5. Be patient with Morgan, Stella and Eleanor
6. Get in shape.
7. Cook more
8. Eat better
9. Take better care of myself
10. Finish The Slater Sister's full length album
11. Read more
12. Listen more
13. Be a better friend, mother, wife, sister and daughter

I am sure I will add more as I think of them, but I think this is a good start.  







No comments: