Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday...

It's Monday morning and Stella woke up with a fever, our broken heater cost $324 to fix and I should be more depressed and angry than I am.  I have work to do today and I was counting on getting it done while Stella was at school.  I was going to go to my prenatal yoga class tonight, but will have to stay home because I don't want to chance my parents watching her and getting sick.  All of my day's plans have been turned upside down.  I should be annoyed, but something truly awesome happened this morning that I can't stop thinking about.  I was on Skype with my boss and co-worker, so Stella was left to play in her room by herself.  I heard some noise in the hallway, but didn't know what was going on. I looked and saw Stella standing on her stool, turning on the bathroom light.  2 minutes later i hear, "Mommy, I pooped!".  I didn't believe it at first because we usually have a series of false alarms before "it" actually drops.  I run to the bathroom to find Stella has stripped off her footie pajamas and Groover underwear and is sitting on her miniature potty with a proud look on her face.  "I pooped Mommy! It's gross!" She has pooped in the potty before, but never fully on her own!  It was a very proud moment! It's weird because as I get older, the small things seem to keep me from losing my mind when the big things go wrong.

No comments: